short rib stew recipe. this weather certainly allow

short rib stew recipe. this weather certainly allow

this stew is delicius, gitve it a try

I served mine as part of my Sunday


These are the ingredients you'll need

Start by cutting the meat to sizeable pieces.


Brown your meat on both sides. the browning is for extra flavour. add a bit of oil and brown on higs heat. I browned mine in two batches.



Melt your stock in bolling water. I used 250ml of water. I used both vegetable and beef stock. you can only use the beef stock and it will taste delicious



Cook the browned meat in the liquid stock until tender. Add more water to ensure your meat is covered



Add carrots and potaties when your is meat is almost done. Don't overcook the veggies. Place aside once done.

 In a separate casserole, saute your chopped onion until translucent then add half a tablespoon of garlic.


add the chopped peppers and saute for about 2 minutes.


Add spices according to your taste and fry for a minutes or so


These are the spices I used but you can use any preferred spices.


Add the cooked meat and veggies, together with the juices.


Add chopped or grated tomatoes and a tablespoon of the tomato paste


I used a tablespoon of soup to thicken things up. Any soup will do. I also added some aromat for taste. for those that don't like using soup Maizena (cornflour) also works as a thickener.


Lower heat and simmer for a few minutes and you're done.

Serve up and enjoy



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post